The Four Star Pre-K Program of the Athens City Schools is a voluntary program for children who are or will be age four on or before August 15 of that school year. Currently, there are seven Pre-K classes.
- To register your child for the Pre-K Program, please bring the child's Certified Birth Certificate (optional), Tennessee Immunization Certificate, verification of family income, and two proofs of residence. A child entering Pre-K must be four years old on or before August 15, 2023. Both parent and student are required to attend.
Standards & Regulations for PreK Program
- TDOE Childcare Approval Requirements: http://publications.tnsosfiles.com/rules_all/2018/0520-12-01.20180201.pdf
- TDOE Information for Parents
- TDOE Frequently Asked Questions
- INVESTING IN YOUR CHILD'S LITERACY BANK ACCOUNT
- READING ROCKETS
- National Association for the Education of Young Children - Resources for Families
- Nashville Community Parents Resource Center
- Mr. Roger's Neighborhood
- http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/monkey-match/id407251250?mt=8 Three games: Match upper and lower case letters, match words by initial sounds, match rhyming weds.
- kidcentral tn
- Read Tennessee
- Imagination Library/Books From Birth
- Kidcentral tn
- Early Learning Activities for Pre-K and Kindergarten
- Grow it, Try it, Like- fun for Pre-K
- Center on the Social Emotional Foundations for Early Learning